Sunday, February 10, 2008

Heber Creeper

Since I had such a bad week and needed to get away, we decided to take a trip to Heber. I had never been on the Heber Creeper, so it sounded like the perfect little escape.

The little boys were so excited and I don't think they were disappointed. We listened to Fablehaven on the drive, instead of the radio. It kept them entertained for the most part. They didn't ask "Are we there yet as often."





When we were almost to Heber, Andy hollered out "Moose!" So Jim turned around and sure enough there was a Momma Moose and her baby.

We could walk from car to car during the 3 hour train ride. For half of the trip we stayed out in the open car. It was easier to see the lake and the animals.



But it got pretty cold, so we had to buy some Hot Chocolate and big Pretzels to warm us up. The little pot belly coal stove in the back of the coach car warmed us up nicely.

It was a pretty fun day. We saw a bunch of deer, a couple more Moose, a lot of birds and even a Bald Eagle. I think we will have to go again in the summer.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh, what a fun little trip!! I have been wanting to take Easton on that, because he loves trains, I don't know if it would keep him entertained for three hours though, maybe I will have to wait for him to get a little older.. Sounds like you had fun, and cute pictures!!